Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?


 So the Superbowl is upon us once again!  Are you a football fan?
Thanks to one of my darling students, I have found a renewed love for the sport.
He and I have had a fun time this season.  You see, he is a die-hard Colts fan and I, 
well, I prefer the Packers.  Sadly, I am still eating crow from the Packers loss to the Colts, but it made for a fun time.  Especially when this dear sweet boy came to school to find his desk decorated something like this...OK, exactly like this:
Ignore his thumbs down booing sign!
Fortunately, his mom is a coworker and friend and gave the OK for this.
I even tried to make all of the Colts luck run out by hanging the horseshoes upside-down, 
but it didn't work.  

Of course, mind you this was the same day that this
was brought to my classroom by the same child!
Gotta love a kid who can dish it out as well as he can take it.

But the bottom line is neither of our team's made it to the Superbowl.  
(Guess the Colts "Luck" just ran out! HA!)

So instead, we have been having fun this week working on some CCSS activities using our football theme.  In one of my small reading groups, we worked on rhyming words with the Rhyming Rookies game.

Round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows!

I believe we have a winner!  \



At the end of the day a couple of my students had time to play the Superbowl Syllables game.  
In fact, they didn't want to clean up to go home!

If you're in need of some football action yourself, don't drop the ball and shuffle on over to check 
out any of these cool units by my friends or myself!

Both of these activities came from my unit
 
 available here.

Here are some Football Math Work Stations available from Teach With Laughter and a  
Math and Language Superbowl Activity Pack from Crayonbox Learning and a Football Attendance File from One Room Schoolhouse.

So while I still have to contend with this

I prefer to 

Enjoy the Superbowl!




No comments

Back to Top