Currently...

So, I absolutely LOVE the Currently posts, but have never done one.  A little case of a day late and a dollar short, I suppose.  BUT, not this time, I am on the ball!  (Sorta!)  Thanks to my friend 

So here it is!

Can you believe it's MARCH already?  I know February is short, but wasn't Christmas just last week?  Pretty soon it will be summer and we all know how fast that time of year flies by!

So hold on tight, because here we go!
Who else loves cranking up the tunes on Friday night?  This week I'm taking a walk down memory lane.  How sad that I am old enough to consider the music I listened to when I was a kid "oldies"!  LOL! 
What do you listen to when you need to unwind?

My amazing hair dresser and friend, Nikki, used to live in Las Vegas, but moved away. {Sad face!}  
BUT she flies in every so often and we line up to have her do our hair.  {Happy face!}
I LOVE telling people that my hairdresser jets in to Vegas to do my hair...I just don't tell them she jets in from Butte, Montana!  {Let them think it's Paris or London!}
Anyway, I have this kind of streaky blonde and red thing going on and I LOVE it! {Love face!}

I have GOT to be better at getting my butt up and moving it!  It's going to be a GORGEOUS weekend here and that's just the perfect motivation for me!  We are doing The Biggest Loser at work and I am DETERMINED to WIN, WIN, WIN!

As for my wanting...well, let's just say my sweet son won't be trekking it with me on my walk outside in the glorious weather.  We spent last night at Quick {Why, oh, why do they call it QUICK?} Care getting x-rays and what-not after he managed to twist his foot playing an oh, so treacherous game of 4-square! 
Thankfully, it is not broken!
And bonus, he's becoming a master crutch-a-teer!

What is it about this time of year that makes me want to go to the dollar store and buy every organizing basket, box, pocket and shelf?  
Anyone else feel bogged down by the year about this time?  

OK...carrots?  What is it about them?  I have become ADDICTED to them...especially those super tiny ones.  Love them with ranch, plain, in this yummy new Greek yogurt dip...you name it!  
Maybe I'm just prepping to turn into the Easter Bunny? 
And COOKIES!  Oh, such a craving lately!  I only like them fresh out of the oven, and boy have I been wanting 2 or 3 or 6 or 7...oh heck, I 'll take a dozen!
As for the calendar...well, who is on track and who needs more time?  I am looking at the standards left to be taught and honestly, kind of freaking out a little bit.  Anyone else?  I thought I was so on track, but am finding a couple of lose ends that I still have to sew into place.

Well, that's it.  How fun!  

If you've read this far, congratulations, because you are getting a bonus reminder that there is something fun in the air.  Be sure to pop back in here Sunday for the big reveal!  You'll LOVE it!  

And if you have a few minutes, be sure to pop in and visit Farley at  

10 comments

  1. Your blog is super cute! Hope your son gets healed quickly and could you send your hairdresser may way next...I need one!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndie! I, too, love cookies! I'm totally crackin g up over your jet-setting stylist! I do something similar but it usually involves me going back to my old town to visit! Love siting in my old stylist's chair... she was perfect! Welcome to the world of Currently! You'll get addicted quickly :)

    ~Jamie
    Mathematically yours,
    MissMathDork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 square is a very dangerous game ;) Hope he heals soon!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha....Cyndie! I think that is so cool that you have a jet-settin hair do-girlie. :) Just reminded me that I should get my hair cut. I wonder if I can get someone to fly here from like...Hoboken, NJ? :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    Danielle
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first time I read it, I thought you said you didn't like carrots... lol... I love your hair dresser story :) Very awesome! Now you need to post a pic of your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, the calendar has me freaked out too!! So much to do teach so little time. We only have 14 school days in March due to the end of the 9 weeks and spring break. Crazy!

    Christy
    Teaching In Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you through Currently. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you through the currently and LOVE your blog! I can't wait to follow along! Thanks for reminding me I need to kick up my fitness routine too...............

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    P.S. I am a carrot lovin' girl too! Can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog. Its going to be one of my new follows. Hope your son gets better soon. I'm on crutches now and it stinks!!!!


    Tales of a Fourth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your son is feeling better! I'm your newest follower. Please feel free to stop by if you get a chance!

    ~Steph

    The Quirky Apple
    Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top