Take It and Make It Thursday

So who make a candy bouquet this week????  Who ate enough candy to fill a candy bouquet????

It's a brand new week and I am linking up again with Cynthia from 2nd Grade Pad for


{I do have to admit that this is one of my favorite linkys ever!}

If you read my previous post you know that I am off on a new adventure next school year.  
I will be teaching an accelerated second grade class.  
{Yep, my head is still swirling!}

I will be moving to a new classroom in a pod that houses all of the second grades and am so thrilled to finally get a "big room"!  One of the former teachers painted two of the walls in the classroom a dark brown.  Hmmmm...I have a couple of brown walls in my home and I do love brown.  

But...what to do...what to do...for a classroom theme?
Well, I have decided to do a "Learning Safari" theme, but I didn't want it to be too cutesy and I really wanted to mix in some textures...burlap, raffia, etc. to give it a more homey look.  That's when I stumbled upon SchoolGirl Style's safari-themed classroom.  I have been working with that theme in mind and I found some adorable graphics on Etsy.

And...what does every teacher need?  A "to do" list...well, maybe a done "to do" list.  That is exactly what I made for today's Take It and Make It.  

I printed out a list and then put it in a frame from the dollar store.  
{I had to wrestle a little with the frame and may need to change it out eventually.}

This is what my finished product looks like:


This particular frame had a really big lip, so only one of the borders shows, but I think it will do the job.
Now, all I need is a dry erase marker to write on the glass.  Then I can just wipe it off as I finish each task!

If you'd like to make your own, you can create one yourself of pop right into my store and select one of the many themed ones I have...only $1!  {Unless you happen to catch them on sale, then they are only $.85!}
You can find this particular one here for FREE!
Happy Thursday and Happy Creating!


4 comments

  1. Love the picture frame idea! I have your pirate themed list, so now all I need is a frame:) Thanks for sharing.
    Merinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea. I have to do lists everywhere. Maybe if I could write and erase my to-dos, I'd be more likely to complete them!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!! Goodness knows I need to make myself a list of what I need to do!! Thanks for sharing!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of those...DUH moments! What an environmental friendly idea...and just in time for Earth Day! Love it!

    Thanks for linking up!
    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top