Take It and Make It Thursdays...

So once again, I am linking up with 2nd Grade Pad's 


So, let me let you in on a little secret...teachers LOVE chocolate!  
Ha!  I'll bet that's a new one, huh?  
OK...well, maybe not every teacher, but most teachers...or at least A LOT of teachers.

A couple of years ago, I received a candy bouquet as a gift for my birthday.  It was absolutely darling! 
Of course, as we all do, I began looking at it and thinking, "Oh, I could do this!"

Well, a LOT of candy bars, many skewers, a few hot glue gun burns, some super cute graphics and dollar store decorations later, I have made over 120 candy bouquets (and padded my pocket quite nicely!)

At the bottom, I will post some of the pics of the ones I have made.

Here are some general directions:

You will need hot glue sticks and a hot glue gun, 
candy  (of course),

some thick wooden skewers, 

floral foam, tissue paper or shreds, and a base (the graphics and "add-ins" are optional).

Simply hot glue the candy to the end of the skewers (I use the low-melt glue sticks and gun). Place the floral foam in the base.  (I have used four boxes of movie theater-sized candy glued to the base and it looks really cute!)  Lay tissue paper or shreds to cover up the floral foam.  Then arrange the skewers and any other "add-ins" by poking them into the floral foam.
Ta-da!  You've created an amazing gift for a friend or coworker! 

You can find tons of cute "add-in" at the dollar store...curly straws, party horns, those cute cut outs 
from the teacher section.

Here are some pics of the ones I have made.

 This one had 100 candy bars!  It was a thank you from our PTO.

 Here is a birthday one!

 My friend is an administrator.  These were for her office staff.

 This one was for a raffle prize for the Race for the Cure.

 Here is one for my son's teacher...his favorite candy and pics of all of the different people he is.

My friend's daughter's teacher is from...yep, you guessed it, New York!

Anyway, these are very easy to make and so yummy to eat!!
The possibilities are endless...Easter, Halloween, Superbowl, Valentine's Day!
I've even made (EGADS!) healthy ones using 100 Calorie Snack Packs.

Anyway, just thought I'd share a fun Take It and Make It...hope you can "make" someone's day 
by "taking" this to them!

Enjoy!


11 comments

  1. Thanks so much for linking up. This is such a cute idea. I know I would GREATLY appreciate getting one. haha

    I LOVE chocolate!!!

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to get one! :) wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com
    (Maybe a GIVEAWAY?) :) haha
    1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Can you imagine the shipping cost? Lol! Plus shipping from Vegas wouldn't work if it was warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this doesn't get everyone's creative juices (and salivary glands!) flowing, then nothing will!! Can't wait to try some of these-the craft AND the chocolate (double meaning intended heehee)! Thanks for posting this idea.

    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOOOOVE this post. My favorite is the one from New York and Race for the Cure. Very clever! I might make something like this for my parents for Mother's / Father's Day.

    Thanks for the share!

    Danielle
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Taking the diaper cake to a whole new YUMMY level!
    Cara

    Kindergarten Boom Boom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Beats Edible Arrangements hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Idea. I agree totally rocks over Edible Arrangements..

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top