A Day in the Life of a Teacher

Today I am linking up with Jessica over at Second Grade Nest for


So we all know that the summertime is a much welcome break for teachers {and let's face it, students, too}.  BUT, teachers do tend to spend quite a bit of time planning for the next school year, am I right?

Anyway, here is a typical day in the life of this teacher.


 Hard to believe that sleeping in can be 5:30.  I usually get up at 5:00 during the school year.  I don't get up this early every day, but I try to do it 4-5 times a week.   Sometimes, this sweet pup wakes me up a little earlier.  She thinks if it's light out it's time to get moving!

 Here is a photo of our ridiculous weather...now you know why I get up so early on some days.  Getting back into shape is a HUGE priority for me this summer, so it's off on a walk we go.  The top pic is my sad old walking shoes.  The bottom is the pair I just ordered. (I hope they're as good as everyone claims!)

 A little breakfast.  Gotta love some cold yogurt and fruit in the summertime.  Mmmmm!  ...and I don't know what it is about the watermelon from Costco, but YUM!  I could eat one a day!

 Before it gets too hot, it's off to run errands.  These are some of the places we seem to go at least once a week!  Gotta love a Kohl's sale!

 Then it's time to get some work done.  A little pinning, a little blogging, a little creating.  Don't I have the cutest little "assistant" in town?

 Ahhhh!  The joys of summer...a chance for a little "sinful" indulgence. I have been watching these two soaps ever since I can remember.  I alternate days and zip past those commercials on the DVR.

Time for a treat...something yummy to beat the heat!  Here we are at our favorite place for something yummy.  Mmmmm!  Love me some Yogurtland!

 In the afternoon, I try to sneak in a little reading time.  However, I am collecting books a lot faster than I am reading them!  Anyone else?

 When it gets so stinkin' hot out, I can't stand to turn on the oven.  So which dinner did we have tonight?  I'll let you guess.  :-)

In the evening, it's totally Cayden and Mom time.  Some of our favorite things to do are play games and watch movies.  Don't you just love Redbox?  

So...what does a typical day in your life look like?

2 comments

  1. I enjoyed seeing a day in your life :) You're a busy girl!!
    Laureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Your day in the life is almost identical to my daily summer life. Wake up, exercise, read, watch TV, shop, sleep, repeat.

    Thanks for linking up!
    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top