Room Arranging Without Breaking a Sweat and It's the Wrap Up of 10 Fabulous Days!

Today is the final day of prizes over at The Teaching Tribune and before we take a look at the last prize, let's take a look at what we have given away already...


2 TPT Gift Certificates 
2 Amazing Baskets Valued at $200 Each
An Amazing Room Theme
A K-2 Pick From Each of Our Stores
A 3-5 Pick From Each of Our Stores
A Customized Amazing Blog from Design by Christi
A Classroom Friendly Supplies Pencil Sharpener
A Scotch Laminator

It looks like there's only one prize left...
A Google Nexus 7 Tablet!!


Wouldn't winning that be a fabulous way to start the school year?!?!??!?  
All the prizes have been totally great but this...well this one takes the cake!

I have to admit that I went into Best Buy yesterday just to check one out and see what it was like.  
It was super-fantastic!
LOVE the size, the functions, the apps.  
Not to mention that the one that we're giving away comes with a case and a darling chevron stylus!

But, before you hop on over there, I thought I'd share with you the organizational tip that I have been working on today. 

Room Arranging Without Breaking a Sweat

Years ago when I was a little girl we moved into a large house.  My mom went to the house and measured all the walls, etc.  Then she came home and measured all of our furniture.  Why?  To arrange it on paper before she had the movers came to move everything.  I applied that little tip to my classroom.

On the last day of school I haphazardly recorded the measurements of my classroom.
I'm glad nobody was grading for neatness!

Today I printed out some graph paper and drew the outline of my classroom.  I used 2 squares per foot (6 inches per square).


I added the door and the white board. 

Then I drew out the furniture.


I colored it and cut it out.  {By the way, I'm sure there is probably a way to do this on the computer, but for me, I prefer doing it old school.}
I know that Lakeshore Learning also has an app similar to this.


Now to figure out how to fit all of this furniture into the classroom.


I have been debating about getting rid of my desk and think that the room arrangement works so much better without it, so I'm going to give it a go.
After much moving around (without breaking a sweat), I finally came up with this plan.


This gives us plenty of space in the middle to move around; the writing table is in front of the bulletin board so I can add a word wall; and the bookshelves with the books are housed near my reading nook.
(The other 2 shelves are where my math manipulatives are stored.)

As soon as they are done painting the hideously ugly not so pretty salmon colored wall, I can go in and see what this actually looks like in real life.  It may need a little tweaking, but at least the major hard stuff is done!  WHEW!  

So I hope that helps you.

Now it's time to hop on over to The Teaching Tribune (The Triple T) to enter to win what?????
A GOOGLE NEXUS 7 TABLET! 

I hope the winner is YOU!
Just click on the picture to take you there.


3 comments

  1. I clicked on the picture and it did not take me anywhere. How do I enter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why the heck didn't I think of that? Wat a simple idea! You're a genius, Cyndie.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top