Are you back yet?

So who is already back to work?  Sometimes I think the anticipation that looms over us is worse than the actual thing.  Dreading the end of summer, wondering who will be in our class, curious to see what little gem your school springs on you that you need to accomplish during the upcoming school year.  I honestly am trying to enjoy these last few days of summer as well as gearing up for the new year.
In fact, I'm just back from a nice relaxing day with some school friends and all our kids.  We ate, talked and sat by the pool.  FUN!

I have spent some time working in my classroom.  I used to have this HIDEOUSLY salmon color wall in my classroom.  Every time I looked at it next to the yellow of my bee theme last year, well...I won't lie, it made me a little nauseous!  But, over the summer, my sweet principal...yep!...you read that correctly, my PRINCIPAL painted the wall.  She also painted 4 other classrooms.  Isn't she just a little go-getter?

So, if you remember, I was heading on a Learning Safari for our theme this year, but then along the way, I got sidetracked by hot air balloons, but I decided I was already so invested in the safari decor I continued on and that is where we are today.  It is by no means finished, but I thought I'd give you a little peek.

...and doesn't it always make your room a lot better when you add in your sweet kiddos?

First, a little ambiance music...


This year I got rid of my wardrobe (moved into the greatroom), 1 four drawer filing cabinet, and 2 bookshelves.  Oh, and after listening to all of you, my desk!  (Replaced by a much smaller table.)

Walking in this is what we were greeted with...


Before I set up the furniture I always put up the paper.  The wall to the left in the pic above is all bulletin board, so it leaves me pretty wide open for ideas (minus what the inspector expects).

So...up goes the paper.


Getting out some supplies...


Next a little furniture arranging, but it still needs some fine tuning.


I have not been super thrilled with the decor this year, but we're working on some tweaking.  


A quick trip to Walmart helps, but it's definitely still a work in progress!

Stay tuned!

P.S.  Anyone else doing a safari theme?  I'd LOVE to see your ideas!

1 comment

  1. Your principal painted your wall?!? How incredible! Lucky you!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top