Monday Meet Me!

YAY!  It's time for more fun with The Teaching Tribune!  Today is 

 I think that pretty much everything on here is known...except maybe my not so secret addiction to soaps!  LOL!  Can't believe my two faves are still on the air.  My mom watched Days when she was pregnant with me and my friends got me hooked on GH when I was in high school.  I don't tune in every day, but I watch enough to know what's going on.  Anyone else out there have a sinful, secret addiction?  LOL!


I teach -  Last year our school was part of the second year of implementing a new program in our district.  It's called the Accelerated Learning Model (ALM).  It was an amazing year, but I switched from first to second in order to do it, so I kind of felt that I was playing catch up this year.  Next year I am fortunate enough to be able to teach it again.  So excited!

I have - I think the hardest part on here was to write that my son is going to be in EIGHTH grade!  I did ask him the other day if he's seen this chubby-thighed little boy that used to run around here singing Kenny Chesney songs.  Boy, the years really do fly by!

I watch - Find me a good Law & Order marathon and I'm in!  Of course, I can barely stand to watch repeats, so my episodes are pretty limited. ;-) 

I listen - My son is so trying to get me to like rap music, but it's usually country or popular music for me.

I read - I have Notice and Note and WBT on my professional reading list this summer, along with a few "just for fun" books.

I do - Yep!  Shopping!  Retail Therapy!  Enough said.  

So that's it...that's me!  I'd love to "meet" you, so feel free to comment below about yourself.  

12 comments

  1. I agree time goes so fast with our kids. My son graduated 8th grade just this last week, so now I have to say he's in high school. I too love Law and Order, since I don't get much time for TV even if it is a rerun often times I haven't seen it...lol. I read WBT last summer and tried to implement most it this year and it was fantastic! I am rereading it this summer to get better.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE me some retail therapy! I LOVE your blog! So many fun ideas!
    Kelly
    MyFabulousClass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your blog design! I know the feeling with playing catch up; I switched from Kindergarten to first grade last year, it was a bit hectic!
    -Christa
    Learnin' Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet Cyndie! I enjoyed learning more about you - who knew you were a soap addict?! ;)

    Lacey
    The Fabulous Life of an Elementary Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable blog you have! My classroom is all primary colors with the black and white chalkboard style accents. I'm so happy to have found your blog on this link-up! I'm a 2nd grade teacher from Minnesota so I'll be back to check out some of your 2nd grade ideas in the near future!
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like repeats either, but the good news is that there are SOOO many Law and Order episodes, there is always one I haven't seen! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing and I read Note and Notice last summer and found some really useful tips. Enjoy your summer reading!

    2 Smart Wenches

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cyndie! Thank you again for stopping by my blog earlier! Where in Michigan are you from?
    Lori :) Mixing it up in Middle
    P.S. I could use some retail therapy, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know you watched any daytime soaps - I boycotted them when they canceled Another World - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meet the Millers is one of my newer favorite shows, they are hilarious! Iused to watch Soaps, GH was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a Law & Order fan too! I'm more into SVU and I can be found watching Criminal Minds as well. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. It was very nice to "meet" you!
    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top