Teachers Pay Teachers - The Conference


I know there have already been so many posts about the TPT Conference, with many more on the horizon, but I couldn't help but share about one of the most fabulous weeks ever.  It was so surreal that when I look back upon it, it really does seem like a dream...and then it was over...in a blink of an eye!


If you are a seller, I HIGHLY recommend going to this event next year...which we are already buzzing about!

There were so many fun things leading up to the day of the conference.  It all began when we went to pick up our bloggy buddy, Christina from Miss DeCarbo's Sugar and Spice at the airport.  As a bonus, we ran into Heather from 2 Brainy Apples and Jen Bengel from Out of This World Literacy.  As you can see, we managed to squish everyone into my sweet friend Michelle, from Well, Michelle?'s car.


Can I just say how totally fantastic it was that this conference took place right here in Vegas where I live?  I did get to spend the night at the Venetian one night.  SUPER SWEET!  (and HUGE thank yous to Christina from Miss DeCarbo for that.)  It was kind of nice coming home to these 2 when all was said and done.  HUGE thank yous to my mom and dad for shuffling about and hanging with them during the week.


 I do have to say how surreal it was to see all of these amazing bloggers right with my very own eyes.  Here are just a few pics of the amazing people that I was so honored to meet.


 Some of our Teaching Tribune buddies were able to meet up, too!  PRICELESS!
Next year they'd better all be here!


Then there were the traditions....ah, traditions.  Christina was honored with a poodle purse from those great Fun Factory girls, Susan and Kathy.  Diane from Fifth in the Middle received her "I'm Coming to Vegas so I Need a Boa" boa.  Then there was Terry from Terry's Teaching Tidbits...she was the lucky recipient of the "Sisterhood of the Bloggy Pants" pants (compliments again of those fun girls over at The Fun Factory).  I can't wait to see who gets them next!


There was a lot of fun with some line dancing and mechanical bull riding watching, as well as a birthday celebration for fellow Vegas blogger, Lisa Lillienthal of It's The Little Things.


This summer on my reading list I have Chris Biffle's Whole Brain Teaching, so can you imagine how thrilled I was to meet THE Farrah Shipley?  It was like she popped right off the You Tube videos.  I was also honored to meet sweet Emma from Clever Classroom all the way from Australia; the hilarious and kind Valerie from Georgia Grown Kiddos; the amazing Rachel Lynette from Minds in Bloom (need to pick her brain for about a week about gifted kiddos) and my sweet, sweet, talk to every day, bloggy friend, Christina from Miss DeCarbo and Sugar and Spice fame.  (A visit that was LONG overdue!)
 

Now because we simply COULD NOT wait to meet Paul and Amy, we had to get a jump on the fun by creating Paul and Amy on a stick.  You can follow their adventures on Instagram at #imwithpaul and #imwithamy.  So happy they were good sports about the fun!
P.S.  I saved one of the Paul on the sticks so his adventures in Vegas are far from over! 
 

 Finally, the moment that I'd been waiting for...a chance to talk with the real Paul and Amy.  How do you thank someone who has completely changed your life...provided opportunities you never imagined...helped make you a better teacher...provided avenues for you to create life-long friendships?  As a single mom living on a teacher's salary, Paul's amazing vision and idea has opened not only financial doors that I never knew possible but really given me a new lease on life.
TPT may stand for Teachers Pay Teachers, but to me it means Thanks, Paul, Thanks!


To all of those that I've met along this journey...MUAH!...I love you all.  I am blessed beyond measure to know you and have you in my life.
Thank you!


3 comments

  1. Seems like fun all around. Hoping to make it next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here because I love Christina!!! :) And I love that I now know where the Paul and Amy on sticks came from!!! SO CLEVER! HAHA! :)
    Looks like you had a wonderful time - I did, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously love your blog post Cyndie! Pushing the luggage into the trunk was priceless! Such a great time :)
    ~Michelle
    from Well, Michelle?

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top