Streamlining Your Feed



Collaboration, Inquiry-Based Learning, Differentiated Instruction, Equity and Excellence, Project Based Learning, Accountability, Growth Mindset, and the list goes on and on...

Do you ever feel like there is so much information thrown at you in bits and pieces and you run around trying to work on each thing but really only are managing to dabble a little in each?

Last year I kept having a picture of myself in my mind that looked something like this


Each tennis ball represented pieces of information that was being delivered through professional development, meetings, emails, etc.  Ever feel that way?  I do.  All.The.Time.  Sure, every once in a while I was able to give one or two tennis balls a really good whack and create a fabulous lesson from the information that was being thrown at me, but so much of the time I felt like I was just aimlessly swatting at flying objects.

My drive home from school is a short one and about halfway home each day my brain wants to jump out of my head, out of the car and run away down the street.  Ironically, my assistant principal lives near me and I have warned her to watch for my brain heading down a major street trying to escape me. 

So, needless to say, I've been doing a lot of thinking about this.  I mean, we work so hard to provide organization in our instruction, why wouldn't we do that in our learning?

What I have decided to do is streamline the majority of the information that I send out to you. 

Each month I will post a list of topics on which I will be focusing.  You can choose your own learning style.  Do you want to dabble in those topics, read everything I share, explore on your own, or disregard that topic altogether?  I will have waded through the topics and will bring you the best of the best of what I find.  I will be more than open to suggestions of topics that you would like to know more about, too.  Hopefully, this will help me (and hopefully you, if you need it) focus, too.

So, here is how July is shaping up


The majority of the posts on my Facebook page will center around the topic for the week (blog posts, quotes, products, lesson ideas, etc.). 

Of course, I will still be sneaking in shares, new products posted, sales, things I find amusing, and so on, but you can count on the majority of the topics being about the topic of the week...and remember, I'm always looking for additional topics.

At the end of the week I will come back here and post a weekly wrap-up.  

On Sunday, I will also post a reminder of what is to come...something that looks like this


So what do you think?  Are you in for a little streamlining in your life? 

3 comments

  1. Cyndie I am so glad I read this! I love the idea of streamlining. I get overwhelmed by all the content out there. I would love if bloggers kept it organized in this way. So often I feel like blogs I love are just posting to post their latest TPT product. GT and Growth Mindset (yay Carol Dwek) are both topics I'm passionate about! Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you brain jumped out of your head and into mine because this is exactly how I felt this year. I can't wait to read about Gifted students.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top