Classroom Reveal - Chalk One Up for a Bright Year

To revamp or not to revamp, that is ALWAYS my question.
Good or bad, I have changed my classroom theme every year for the past 26 years (except for the year I had a frozen shoulder).

With so much going on this year I said I wasn't going to change it...walked in...had to change it.

So here is my....

Sticking with my blog name, I've nicknamed this year's classroom
Chalk One Up for a Bright Year.

It's filled with chalkboard decor and splashes of bright color.
(It's my mom's favorite classroom that I've done...but I think she says that every year. LOL!)

So let's take a peek.

This is the sign that hangs over the doorway to our classroom.

 

One of my favorite parts is this reading nook. On my FB page I had posted that I had this crazy idea and my sweet son and wonderful dad sprang into action to make it happen.

I think this kiddo of mine painted everything that wasn't nailed down.

We got the cardboard from a local frame shop, the fabric for the curtains and crate seats from Joanns (the curtains are blue and white chevron), and the flowers from Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree. 

(I have since removed the table and turned the crate seats against the wall so the kiddos won't lean against the walls of the house - thanks for that tip, Mom!)

I won't lie, I absolutely love how it turned out (minus the slight warping) and my kiddos love it, too!


Here are pictures of that whole back wall section.

This year we are using a flexible classroom environment. I haven't used assigned seats in a couple of years, but this year we were able to provide a larger variety of seating areas. 

These adorable chairs with the footstools were provided through a grant I wrote for DonorsChoose. 

The coffee table actually used to be in our home years ago...thanks to my son and a couple of cans of chalkboard paint it has a whole new look!  

We found perfectly matching pillows for a great price at Walmart.


Here are my bulletin boards. We left a lot of blank space for anchor charts.
Do you own Jen Jones' Text Based Vocabulary Cards? They are going to anchor a large part of our learning for the entire year.

You can find my Punctuation Pals and my Effort Rubric by clicking on the linked words.


I love my friend Carina, from The Teaching Tornado's workspace/reading table so I had to create one in my own classroom. 

If I can keep the clutter off, it will work out great!!

Here are a few other odds and ends from my classroom.
You can get the Compliment Jar FREEBIE from my friend Katie at Teacher to the Core by clicking on the link. 


So that's it! This is where I'll be hanging out with my new favorite people for the next 180 days!

1 comment

  1. A MAZE ING! I can't believe you change it every year! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top